will KDE2.2 work with XFree863.* on Woody?

Its looking as if my graphics card (an onboard S3 Trio64V2/GX chip in a Compaq DeskPro 2000 P133) isn't supported by XFree86-4.0.1, is it possible for me to pick up the earlier version of XFree from potato and use that?

If so I am presuming i could just add a line for the potato debs into sources.list and add it into apt/preferences ?

I'd just like to know if it is likely to work with KDE2.2 before I do so!

Rachel