Re: Kde metapackage

Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 12:34:29PM -0500, Bob Underwood wrote:

On Monday 05 November 2001 12:13, Laurent Rathle wrote:

Hello,

Did anyone tried to install KDE with the metapackage kde ? I'm trying to
write a little tutorial for the installation of KDE 2.2.x and when I
installed it on my machine there was no kde metapackage and I took
everything from unstable package by package. So I'd like to know if I put
in my tutorial that people can do :

apt-get -t unstable install kde

After several attempts to upgrade to KDE2.2.1 using apt-get install kde/unstable, I've always got loads of dependancy problems and have since ruined my KDE2.1.2.

I have now tried using apt-get -t unstable install kde and it seems to be working as advertised? I'll let you know how it goes. I hope this fixes my current problem so I can start using kmail again.

if it's gonna work

(with the good /etc/apt/preferences and /etc/apt/sources.list, for sure
:-))

Thank you,

There are a couple things missing in the kde metapackage that I use (like kmail). I did notice it appears in one of the other kde metapackages, so i did an apt-get -t unstable install kde kde-extras -s. The kde-extras wanted to change more of my system to unstable than I wanted so I backed out. The deps on just the kde metapackage don't appear to change anything other than kde packages.

what?  kmail is in the kde meta package.

Ivan

Cheers,

	John Gay