Re: compiling kde stuff

David Bishop wrote:
> Anyone else experiencing a problem trying to compile any kde apps?  Every
> time I try, it bombs out in the linking stage complaining about KSSL.  It's
> different with every app, but it's all kio and kssl.  An example error would
> be:
> /usr/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `KSSL::pending(void)'

Wild shot in the blue, but have you tried with automake 1.4?
automake 1.5 seems to break lots of KDE, see the megathread(s) on
-devel; I got bit by it when trying to install Liquid 0.6 (do you
build from Debian package sources or from CVS so that you *use*
automake?) which warned at automake time but bombed out with really
strange errors either at compile or link time (unfortunately, I
don't really recall which exactly).

In short, if everything else fails, try downgrading automake :-)
(and regenerating the automake-created files)

-Malte #8-)