Re: "No Text!" again..

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Jens Benecke wrote:

> Did you check if all the files were installed correctly and aren't damaged?
> Perhaps do a
>
> 	apt-get --reinstall install kmail kde-i18n-fr knode (etc...)

aaah.. almost - I figured just the same thing as I recieved this mail
whilst doing a 'strace' of kview whilst grepping for "ENOENT".  It was a
bunch of scripts in /etc/kde2 from kdelibs3 that was broken, but "apt-get
--reinstall" didn't quite fix it.  Had to do a "dpkg -i --force-all", at
which point it started printing all this :

---- snip -------
Configuration file `/etc/kde2/kdeprintrc', does not exist on system.
Installing new config file as you request.

Configuration file `/etc/kde2/system.kdeglobals', does not exist on system.
Installing new config file as you request.

suppose you learn something new every day (like how removing a package and
putting it back doesn't always work :-))

cheers!

--
Giles Constant, Systems Programmer
Hyperlink Interactive