xmms - gdk: missing charsets in FontSet Creation

Hello Debian Group!

At the moment I am testing the so called "Multimedia - Applications" and
I got a problem when testing xmms and playing *.mp3-files.
I open the application with "xmms" and when the window for loading the
desired file appears on the screen the message on console is:

GDK Warning  : ISO8859-1
Critcal: Couldn't open playlist font
GDK Warning: Missing charsets in fontSet Creation

I already installed the necessary fonts (I hope so) and I already edited
the .xmms/config file concerning the parameter

playlist_font=-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*

and replaced it with another font found in /etc/X11/fonts/Type1 but the
error-message still remained.
I looked for the rights - but they seem to be o.k.
Any idea for that?

A second maybe a simple question is: I opened the application by root,
but
what to do when using the application by normal users? I didn't succeed
in changing only the group-permissions for the group audio.

Many thanks in advance -

Heide
begin:vcard
n:Meier;Heidelinde
tel;fax:02 02 / 439 - 29 10
tel;work:02 02 / 439 - 21 36
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:HRZ Rechenzentrum - BUGH Wuppertal;Administration
version:2.1
email;internet:hmeier@urz.uni-wuppertal.de
title:Dipl. Math.
note:- Raum P.05.08 -
adr;quoted-printable:;;Gau=DFstr. 20=0D=0A=0D=0A;Wuppertal;D-42097;;Deutschland
x-mozilla-cpt:;-31360
fn:Heidelinde Meier
end:vcard