Re: keyboard not working at kdm

And in my infinite wisdom, I forgot to post the reply to debian-kde, which I
shall do now. I was wondering why it wasn't appearing :-)

 - darren (a nice chap living in Scotland, apparently)

> A nice chap from a nice country pointed me to the answer which is to have
> 'vt7' in the /etc/kde2/kdm/Xserver file.
>
> Jonathan Riddell

[original post follows]

Hi,

> I upgraded to kde 2.2 (from unstable) on my iMac running woody and now
> when the machine boot up the keyboard doesn't work with kdm until I
> restart the X server.  This is most distressing.

This has come up before, and a solution was posted here

Hi,

> I upgraded to kde 2.2 (from unstable) on my iMac running woody and now
> when the machine boot up the keyboard doesn't work with kdm until I
> restart the X server.  This is most distressing.

This has come up before, and a solution was posted here

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/debian-kde-200107/msg00231.html

the file in question is listed here (this wasn't in the original post)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/debian-kde-200107/msg00238.html

 - darren