Can't print in KDE

After upgrading to debian unstable (KDE 2.2 beta1) I can not print from any
KDE application, but I can print from the command line or from non KDE
applications, using the lpr command.

The error I receive when printing from KDE is -

                  /usr/bin/lpr -P 'lp|hpdj|HP DeskJet'  '-#1'
                  /root/.kde/tmp-debian/kdeprint_YoHJqgH:
                  execution failed with message:
                   usage:lpr [-Pprinter] .....

Any suggestions as to where I can start looking will be appreciated.

Paul Winkler