Re: KDE 2.2 Final / Potato - Not ?

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 21:49:03 -0600, Ivan <rkrusty@tdyc.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 02:58:39AM +0100, Nick wrote:
>> [now that KDE2.2 has gone "gold" ...]
>
>gold?

OK :)   Dire phrase I know - I just meant
  "the KDE 2.2 release coordinator, has
  tagged KDE 2.2 for final release"
as reported at http://dot.kde.org/997085204/

>> Sorry - I know it's probably a tedious question for the pioneers, but
>> can anyone (Ivan ?) confirm there will be no KDE 2.2 for Potato ?
>
>not by me.

OK - entirely understood.

>> If that's so, what is the recommended Debian release *for the
>> nervous*, to use with KDE2.2 ?   Is "testing" good enough ?   (Would
>> Progeny do ?)
>
>KDE 2.2 will find it's way into testing soon enough...first it has to find
>it's way into unstable.

Erm .. I wasn't thinking so much of KDE integrated into the distro, as
of just being able to add the KDE debs created by you and others onto
a suitable existing Debian release.  I had the vague idea that testing
was used by some folks, and unstable by others, while you all had fun
with your 2.2beta debs.

I'm currently a happy user of KDE 2.1.1 on Potato, just wondering what
my upgrade options are.

[from the other leg of this thread]
> 2.2 will be in woody.

Yippee.  That'll be where I go when it happens - I've just got itchy
fingers.

Thanks.

Nick
Bristol, UK