Re: How install KDE with Woody/testing? (2)

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:34:55AM +0100, John Gay wrote:

> gdm, The Gnome login. Much nicer, and rather well behaved in a Debian
> evironment. I've found that it will automagically reconise new
> desktops/window managers when you install them and give you the
> appropiate options for login.
>
> kdm, The KDE login. Similar to gdm, but not a well behaved, yet. It seems
> it does not reconise other dsktops or window managers. These must be
> added by hand. This is why I still use gdm, even though I only use KDE.

Erm... gdm doesn't recognize anything automatically either. I guess the
post-install script comes with appropriate start scripts in
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions. But that can be done for kdm as well.

--
Jens Benecke ········ http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Europas Mitfahrzentrale

MSTD, n: MicroSoft Transmitted Disease. Propagates only due to Microsoft's
insistence on distributing [software] that resembles Petri dishes.
See also ILOVEYOU, Melissa, Code Red, Sircam, IIS.
                     -- http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=MSTD