Re: Installing KDE 2.1.1 kills the mouse in X

Problem solved!

One question was: Do you run GPM?

I did not before the install. But I did after the install.

So I had a look at the GPM man pages and they say that GPM can cause trouble
with X when using a busmouse.

I do not know if a standard PS/2 mouse is a busmouse. (My mouse sits on the
PS/2 port)
But killing GPM (gpm -k) makes the mouse work in X.

Since KDE 2.1.1 installation installs GPM as a service that starts when
entering user runlevels, I have solved the problem by removing the GPM entries
in the relevant runlevel directories (rc0.d through rc6.d)

Although I will have to do without mouse support on the console, I will manage.

Thanks for your help guys :o)

Best regards
Johnny :o)