Docking Station and KDE?

I've got a strange problem here.

I got the Creatures Docking Station from Linux Format magazine. I installed
it on my system, which is Progeny updated with Ivan's KDE2.1 from
kde.debian.net. This worked fine. I installed it on my daughters PC, which is
similarly set-up, but it fails with the following error:

Welcome to Docking Station!
Gdk-ERROR **: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

The only difference in setup between my daughters PC and mine is mine has
been constantly updated from Progeny's BETA testing days and hers was
installed from the boxed set.

I recently bought 5 PC's for a school project I'm working on. I installed
these with the Progeny boxed set including the KDE2.0 that is included. When
I installed Docking Station on this, it worked fine, but konqueror fails to
render html, this was an old bug. I did an apt-get install task-kde to update
the KDE packages, but this broke KDE. I am currently using dselect to try to
fix this, but I decided to try Docking Station and it is now broke too. I've
tried to find any packages relating to gdk, but these are all the latest on
my daughters PC. Can anyone shed any more light on this, as my Daughter is
raging that Creatures works on my system but not hers.

Cheers,

	John Gay