Re: qt embedded devel

>On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 12:44:53PM +0200, Maximilian Reiss wrote:
>> why to qt embedded devel and qt (normal) devel exclude each other?
>> Aktually on a i386 machine it would make more sense to have qt (normal)
in
>> the usual path and the qt embedded is a special path, so it would be
possible
>> to devel on one machine for qt and also for qt embedded (with setting
the
>> path before compiling).
>
>because Debian is not just i386 and because of things like FHS.

So wouldn't be a good idea to to set up qt embedded to use a cross-compile
type setup to allow it to co-exist with the normal qt development packages,
then if someone wants to develop embedded solutions, they could use the
regular cross-compile tools and commands? This was my understanding of
cross-compiling techniques, I've never used them myself but I've heard that
this is one of the strong points for Linux software development and why
Linux can run on more platforms than any other single O/S.

Cheers,

 John Gay