RE: Shockwave flash in Konqueror

Mark wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Try as I might I haven't been able to get the flash plugin to
> work in Konqueror.  Has anybody here seen it working?
>
> My main concern actually is that without it a visit to a flash
> site causes Konqueror spawn a number of windows going to the
> flash download page..
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

Hi!

I have it working here.  The "trick" was to install the FLASH files to
one of the directories scanned by Konqueror for plugins and have it
re-scan for plugins.  The appropriate menu in Konqueror to do this is in
"Settings > Configure Konqueror > [Netscape Icon] > Scan Tab".  Mine
already had a list of directories to scan, including my Mozilla
directory (/usr/lib/mozilla-9.1/plugins) and Netscape.

You probably have to "enable plugins globally" under the same menu >
Konqueeror Browser Icon > Plugins TAb if you want it available to all
users....dunno, but I did it here & it "works".

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-