Re: KDE and mp3 ripping support.

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 19:16, John Gay wrote:
> >If you mean software players, Vorbis plays on almost all of them, if you
>
> have
>
> >a recent version.
>
> Is that 'ALL' software players, or just the Linux ones? In many Office
> situations the workers find they only have access to M$ Media player. Does
> this play ogg vorbis files? The hardware players are important too, thus

Sorry, I forgot Windows Media Player. I hear that work is under way to make
it play Ogg. Otherwise support is very good on Windows, Winamp and others
have been supporting Ogg for quite a while now.

> mp3 compatibility is needed. I beleive there are even some CD players that
> can now play mp3's as well as CDDA.

These count as hardware "mp3" players. They just use cdroms instead of smart
media cards or whatever media. What I said about hardware player support is
valid for them too.

>This would let you have your entire
> Music collection on one CD!

Only if your music collection is not much bigger than 10 hours worth of music
:-)