Re: AA again

On Tuesday 17 July 2001 04:35 am, Putz Ákos wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:05:30AM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
> > The second question: I love AA, but I absolutely need konsole with
> > the "linux" console font (not AA-ed). Konsole looks crap when I use
> > AA-ed fonts. Is there any way to have a specific app started with
> > non AA-d fonts from an AA-ed environment?
>
> mv /usr/bin/konsole /usr/bin/konsole.real
>
> create a new /usr/bin/konsole script:
>
> ---cut---
> #!/bin/bash
> export QT_XFT=0
> /usr/bin/konsole.real $*
> ---cut---

Thanks, I'v been wondering about this for some time now myself, and my
problem has been solved. (Just remember if you have a button for
konsole in kicker, you need to set it to launch from a terminal.  At
least for me.)

Still, this seems like a real hack.  I *like* haveing AA fonts, and
would like to be able to use them in Konsole as well.  This was one of
the things I was really hoping KDE2.2 would have fixed.  Is there some
reason why this hasn't been fixed yet? It seems to be a problem for
everyone...

Cheers,

-Dan