Re: Kde 2.2 Beta1

On Thursday July 12 2001 18:54, Mike Williams wrote:
>   >>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:22:01 -0400,
>   >>> "mikepolniak" == mikepolniak <mikpolniak@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>   mikepolniak> I also needed to apt-get install konqueror but the beta
>   mikepolniak> konqueror crashes way more than the old one and i' am stuck
>   mikepolniak> with it because of the dependencies.
>
> I managed to downgrade my konqueror from "unstable" to "testing", because I
> was also having crash problems.

I was having the same trouble with the latest kde2 beta, and I did what
others with similar problems advised - remove all files in .kde and restart
your session.

There are incompatibility issues with configuration files from the previous
version of KDE.

Now Konquerer runs without problems.

Eray Ozkural posted a mini-howto on Tuesday EST. It might be worth a look.

-Andy