Re: DCOP server not running
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DCOP server not running
- From: James Smith <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:08:22 -0500
- Message-id: <01070917082200.01363@josmith>
- In-reply-to: <3B49E6F0.16534.40BA2C@localhost>
- References: <3B49E6F0.16534.40BA2C@localhost>
This happened to me too.
There should be some files (they look like symbolic links) in your home
directory that are named .DCOPserver*. Check the permissions of those to
make sure you own them.
Hope this helps,
On Monday 09 July 2001 10:16am, Attila Sulyok wrote:
> <color><param>0100,0100,0100</param>I upgraded from potato to testing.
> I selected the latest Koffice (1.1b3).
> I have got to the next strange state:
> If I am a user, 'startx' fails with next message: DCOP server couldnot
> be started. Typing 'dcopserver' results in 'Aborting, $DISPLAY is not
> If I am root, 'startx' runs well and start a complete KDE session.
> I don't have information about DCOP. I tried to find but without
> Would you inform me about DCOP: what is this abreviation, what is
> the config file I have to set, etc.