Re: Forking processes?

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I am well aware of and enjoying
the feature that it is sufficient to click only once except when opening
a file after single clicking through the menu. This latter action,
however, works fine.

BTW, I wrote down the wrong KDE version number - I am running 2.1.2, but
the behavior was already there in 2.1.1 and I believe in an earlier
version too. Strangely, right after installing 2.1.2. it was *not* there
for the first few hours of using KDE. Maybe after the first reboot or
even during the first session it started to happen again. I now recall
my initial relief that it seemed to be gone.

If there is something I can do to track where the behavior comes from,
e.g., through some debugging procedure, I would be happy to contribute.

Greetings / Schönen Gruss
Andreas