Re: /me smacking my head (KDE2.2beta1 experiences)

Andreas von Heydwolff wrote:

> I know how this feels: Two days ago I copied my Win98 C:\ drive
> backup from hdd1 to hda1 once again because some Windows stuff
> whichI hardly need any more anyway did not work any more. Did not
> consider to backup C:\windows\Desktop where I keep some important
> recent work in a few folders, symlinked to from /home/<mylogin>/Desktop.
> Argggh.
>
> Thanks for alerting me to the necessity of backing up .<something> folders before experimenting!

Not all is lost though.  I grepped through the strings output of the
device file, and found some names that I'm certain, I haven't saved
anywhere else.  So I made an image of the harddrive and am now digging
through it with a hexeditor.  I'm quite confident, that I can save most
of the data and with a little luck, I can rebuild the address file
automatically.

> The summer weather is splendid now where I live though.

???

Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld