Re: preset bookmarks

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 01:46:39PM -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Jens Benecke wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 05:51:36PM -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:
> >
> > > /etc is just simply the wrong place
> >
> > Well, I don't really agree. sysadmins might want to customize the default
> > bookmarks for new accounts, and I would be extremely angry when those get
> > overwritten during an upgrade.
>
> Sorry, I should have been clearer, /etc/kde2 is wrong...

I totally disagree.  It's KDE specific and therefore if it's going to be
a conffile it should go into the kde area.

> > > Ivan, How about the /etc/skel/...
>
> ...does what we want.
>
> Setting up a default .kde and putting it into /etc/skel has been on my
> todo list for awhile now, but since this is a single real-user machine
> I've had no real pressure to do it (and KDE's default isn't too bad).

no it does not.  it only does part of what we want.  However it only takes
care of new users...so all those existing users who have never used kde
before will not be able to take advantage of this.  So it is not the
correct solution.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II