Re: Can't use i18n

On Thursday 05 July 2001 19:09, Macolu wrote:
> Hi everybody !
>
> I just upgraded from 2.1.1 / 2.1.2 to 2.2-beta1, and I can't use the french
> stuff.
>
> As soon a I set the language to fr, in kpersonalizer or in kcontrol, I
> can't start any application. If I logout ( like I can :-) ), I can't start
> kde anymore : the screen stay white with the mouse cursor while 3 seconds,
> and then return to kdm..... If I remove my ~/.kde dir, it starts again, but
> in english.....
>
> If I start a konsole, set the language to french, and then start an
> application (kppp, for example) from the console, this is what I get :
>
> ~ # kppp
> WARNING: Definition of PluralForm is none of
> NoPlural/TwoForms/French/Gaeilge/Russian/Polish/Slovenian/Lithuanian/Czech/
>Slovak: Consultez klocale.cpp pour le moment
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Installed packages :
>
> ii  kde-i18n-fr    2.2-0.1beta1-1
> ii  kdebase        2.2.0-0beta1-3
> ii  kdebase-audiol 2.2.0-0beta1-3
> ii  kdebase-dev    2.2.0-0beta1-3
> ii  kdebase-doc    2.2.0-0beta1-3
> ii  kdebase-libs   2.2.0-0beta1-3
> ii  kdelibs-dev    2.2.0-0beta1-2
> ii  kdelibs3       2.2.0-0beta1-2
> ii  kdelibs3-cups  2.2.0-0beta1-2
> ii  kdelibs3-doc   2.2.0-0beta1-2

Hi,

I also experienced some strange problems with kmail and kde-i18n-de
Kmail segfaults if I have german selected. It doesn't if I have default  (C)
set as language.
The console output says :

WARNING: found no definition of PluralForm
FATAL: translation of "%n unread" doesn't contain 1 different plural forms as
expected
*** KMail got signal 6 (Crashing)
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kmail path = <unknown> pid = 3368
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
michael@abh-412:~$ WARNING: found no definition of PluralForm

looks like something is missing in kde-i18n-de.

Cheers
	Michael