moving windows around freezes up system... requiring reboot.

HI,

I have been using Debian Unstable for a while now. I was using KDE 2.1 quite
happily before the upgrade to 2.2beta. I find that if I log into KDE, the
system freezes completely when I try to move the windows around. I even tried
purging all KDE packages and reinstalling them.

I installed the barest system needed to run KDE and kmail, and it didn't
cause any problems when I moved the kmail window around the desktop several
times. Then I added the konquerer package, and the problem is now back.

I am running kmail under WindowMake without any trouble. The same goes for
konquerer file browsing and web browsing.

In the two years I have used Debian, I have never lost control of the system.
For the first time my experience is harkening back to the days of Win95
freezing up and having to hit the reset button. I just find it hard to
believe that KDE will have enough control over to system to deny me control
through the keyboard and force me to use the reset button.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy