https errors and possible cause

I'm getting the same errors with https, even after purging and reinstalling
the kde*-crypto packages.

What seems to be happening (looking at .xsession_errors) is that KDE is after
libcrypto.so and libssl.so, which belong to package libssl-dev, not the
standard libssl0.9.6.  Package libssl-dev is not listed as a dependency of
kde*-crypto, and I (and I suspect Joseph) don't have it installed.

So for those experiencing the problem, a temporary fix should be to install
libssl-dev.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

I am in a duel to the death with this wallpaper, one of us has got to go.
(One month before he died on the same bed.)
	- Oscar Wilde