Re: KDE 2.2beta1 impressions

All ready tried that, didn't help.  But I also have a lot of left-over packages from ald versions of kde lying around, and want to make sure that everything is "latest and greatest", which apt-get normally handles really well, but doesn't cover all possible bases (for instance, I still have obsoleted packages installed like aktion, which by itself won't cause the problems I am having, but there are others like it).  IOW, it's not the per-user stuff that is crashing me :-)  And looking back at my email s/settings/packages/.