Re: OT: Konqueror location bar icon
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: OT: Konqueror location bar icon
- From: Debian User <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:37:30 +0800
- Message-id: <01061603373002.11015@alpha>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <E15AyxZ-0001Qz-00@giles>
- References: <E15AyxZ-0001Qz-00@giles>
On Saturday 16 June 2001 03:08, Aquarius wrote:
> In article <01061602333900.11015@alpha> you wrote:
> > I'm just curious. When I access some sites an icon shows up in
> > the Konqueror location bar to the left of the URL, sites as
> > varied as http://www.kuro5hin.org/ or http://www.imdb.com. The
> > icons show up in the Bookmarks menu as well.
> > Q's: what html code produces the icons? Is there any way I can
> > retrieve the icons without bookmarking the URL first?
> They're favicons, an IE innovation. They're retrieved from
> http://site/favicon.ico. At least, that's what IE does, and I
> imagine that Konqueror follows suit.
OK. Thanks. I always wondered why I don't get the same from