Re: is anyone here using 2.2 CVS ?

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 03:38:42PM +0200, Frank Dekervel wrote:
> hi
>
> you are probably using the old nvidia drivers that did rendering in
> software.  the newer drivers have hardware accelerated rendering, wihich
> goes a lot faster. (look for the 1.x drivers, you can seek help on
> #nvidia, irc.openprojects.net)

I upgraded to the 1.0-1251 drivers after consulting #nvidia on
irc.openprojects.net. This actually changed nothing, as far as I could see,
apart from significantly more crashes. And Unreal Tournament still doesn't
work (crashes with SIGIOT). ;-(

> also, the xftconfig file is not being cached , so it has to be reparsed
> every time an app starts. this is fixed in xfree cvs i believe.

OK...

> more info can be found on :
> http://dot.kde.org/989808269/ (currently down but should be back up soon)

Is it me, or is the dot down quite frequently?

> http://trolls.troll.no/~lars/fonts/qt-fonts-HOWTO.html

I'll have a look. Thanks!

--
Jens Benecke             /* Nobody will ever see this error message :-) */
                            panic("Cannot initialize video hardware\n");