Re: apt-get update/upgrade broke my potato

On Monday 28 May 2001 12:04 am, Bud Rogers wrote:
> Did apt-get update/upgrade on my potato system a couple of hours ago.
> Kdm starts OK, but if I log in I just get the stippled grey background
> of the kdm login screen, no kde.  Tried moving ~/.kde, didn't help.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Me, ME!

I saw this and thought I had broken my system. (perhaps I had!). I had tried
installing the DRI for my radeon card and the XFree86.0.log file had lots of
authorization error messages. Basically I updated my XF402 to XF403 from the
URLS

deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf403_potato/i386/
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf403_potato/all/

and then it worked.