Re: Packaging WM themes - question

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:19:41AM -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:

> > Ben> Options are (1) release one huge-arse binary package; (2) release
> > Ben> 39 packages, one for each theme; (3) release a moderate number of
> > Ben> packages each containing a few themes.
> >
> > Ben> I am hesitant to do (1) because of the user's disk space usage.
> > Ben> I am hesitant to do (2) because I'm not sure that debian wants a
> > Ben> million kde-theme-* packages on its servers.

Is it generally possible (I know this is possible with sawfish) for the user to
install a theme without root privileges?  If so, then one big theme package is
useful to allow a user to browse themes, select the one(s) they like, and copy
it/them into an appropriate spot in their home directory (after which they can
delete the big package).

--
 - mdz