Re: Still those unreadable fonts
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Still those unreadable fonts
- From: Hendrik Sattler <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:56:25 +0200
- Message-id: <01051601562501.08389@linux>
- In-reply-to: <01051600262003.17190@bakvis>
- References: <01051600154100.06404@linux> <01051600262003.17190@bakvis>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Wednesday, 16. May 2001 00:26, Frank Dekervel wrote:
> if you can't see webpages with utf-8, i guess you should search for 'utf-8'
> on bugs.kde.org to find the 'right' fix, but a quick fix is :
the idea was correct at the beginning but the fix is completely different.
The search leads to
where you find ttfmkfontdir at the bottom of the page. It creates this
obvious needed font.dir entries (not fonts.dir as described on that page) for
is10646-1 that konqueror uses for utf-8
It completely fixed it all.
In debian you only have to install libttf2-dev to compile that very small but
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----