Re: upgrade woes

Frank Dekervel writes:
 > i had the same problem.
 > i could get the old config back by executing 'kcontrol' as root
 > (->system->login manager) and reconfiguring kdm.

Thanks for your help. I indeed was able to get back to the old config
by reconfiguring kdm - but only for some time: One or two logins I
have the chosen configuration (only "real" users shown, everybody
gets the shutdown button) but than I again get what seems to be the
new system default (all "users" shown, no shutdown button).

So, how can I make my chosen configuration permanent? (And what's
going on here anyway?)

Andreas Gösele