Re: scroll wheel

On Monday 07 May 2001 10:58, Guillermo Castro wrote something to this effect:

> I've been using my mouse wheel in KDE 2.x, and I don't have imwheel
> installed. The only thing I needed was to configure XF86Config-4 to handle
> the mouse wheel:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
> 	Driver          "mouse"
> 	Option          "CorePointer"
> 	Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
> 	Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> 	Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> The two relevant options are the protocol, which most be compatible with
> the wheel, and the ZAxisMapping, which tells X to map the wheel.
>
> I have an intellimouse from MS, and I use the wheel as the middle button
> (so I don't have to emulate the third buuton)
>
> Most KDE applications respond to the wheel (konqueror, kmail, konsole,
> etc.)
>
> Hope this helps.

[snip]

	I saw this post and began following it with GREAT interest, as my wheelmouse
hasn't working in X11 for quite some time now. But, even after editting the
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4, it's still not working.

- -- This is cut directly from XF86Config-4 --

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
#       Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

	I do NOT have imwheel installed.
	I'm running UNSTABLE (SID)

	Any hints, ideas, help, thoughts, etc? :--)

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-