Re: AA support with X4.0.3 in sid...

Hi,

I have installed the newer versions of QT (-3) and X 4.0.3-2, and lost AA
fonts.  I also lost true-type fonts, but I've been able to get them back by
using the xfs-tt server (I wasn't using this before, any idea why I need to
now?).   But AA eludes me.  I had AA working with previous versions of QT and
X4.0.2.  Is is possible that the problems you have described below may be the
cause of my distress (and squinting eyes :-)).

Thanks,

Sean.

==============

Ok... I know this has been a while since it was last discussed....

yes...AA is broken if your running X4.0.3 and the latest QT packages I built
against 4.0.3.  I just spent the past hour or so working with Branden trying
to figure out what's wrong and we believe we got it.  So X 4.0.3-2 should
make AA work again.

So the new QT packages for sid were a long time coming.  For those of you
using sid and especially sid + AA please test the latest (-3) packages along
with the upcoming X 4.0.3-2 packages.   The new packages have a *ton* of
updates and fixes especially with regards to the build process.  The hopes
are that the pure_virtual problems with the GL package are gone for good.
The i18n patches are also back for Japanese support and seem to be quite
happy right now.  My KDE2.2 install can see Japanese text on web sites (tho
the title is still ???'s but it was that way before)...I'm not sure about
the 2.1 packages but I assume it'll be the same.  And now that the Xft and
Xrender modules are shared objects I don't have to rebuild QT evertime there
is a X update.

Test test test and test...hopefully this'll take care of QT for a while and
it'll migrate into testing in a couple weeks.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II