Re: Howto set LANG for KDE

El Sáb 28 Abr 2001 13:20, Bjarkan escribió:

> El Sáb 28 Abr 2001 10:18, Karolina Lindqvist escribió:
> > Maybe it is a thing for the debian
> > language team, if there is such a one, that it fails on my system.
> >
> > As for now, I don't find the LANG setting important, since very
> > few programs appears to be Swedish adapted, and KDE has its own
> > independent language settings. It does not
> > matter to me if half the system is in English and half in Swedish.
> > -- Karolina
>
> 	I'm spanish and did have the same problem, but I realize that the
> problem is inside kde. I solve it adding "export LANG=es_ES" in
> /etc/kde2/kde2.sh because It was imposible with the .profile and related.

 Perhaps I am missing the point of this discussion but I have no problem with
my language environment. I am also spanish. I installed task-spanish which
installs, among other packages, package user-es. This latter package has a
script called /usr/bin/castellanizarwhich sets
the following line in /etc/bash.bashrc

if [ -f /etc/language-es ]; then source /etc/language-es; fi
if [ -f /etc/bash_aliases-es ] ; then
        source /etc/bash_aliases-es
fi

/etc/bash_aliases-es sets all variables needed for a spanish environment. And
this works absolutely fine. Man pages area in spanish, answers to programs
like "y/n" are translated to "s/n" and answering "s" works as answering "y".

 I know most of the people of this list do not speak spanish or are not
interested in this locale but the example may help you to set your language
setting. Any how this has no effect to KDE. KDE locale setting is independent
on this.

I hope  I have not missed the point with my comment.

Pablo de Vicente.