Re: Howto set LANG for KDE

On Fridayen den 27 April 2001 13:46, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> I'm purely guessing here, but could it be, that those locales
> are not actually there?  See /etc/locale.gen for what I mean.

No, it's there.

cat /etc/locale.gen
.... cut ...
#sv_FI@euro ISO-8859-15
sv_SE ISO-8859-1
#ta_IN UTF-8
... cut ...

I think this is a major problem with Linux/debian for acceptance
by "normal" people. When things go wrong, the normal installation
procedures gives no hint what to do. You have to dig into the
system the normal unix way, and know practically everything.

I can probably fix this problem, but it possibly involves
browsing source code, to figure out what actually goes on and
where it goes wrong. I am just asking here to possibly find an
easier way to fix the problem. Maybe it is a thing for the debian
language team, if there is such a one, that it fails on my system.

As for now, I don't find the LANG setting important, since very
few programs appears to be Swedish adapted, and KDE has its own
independent language settings. It does not
matter to me if half the system is in English and half in Swedish.
Of course, I might enter some kind of debian translation team, to
help with the Swedish adaption, if I just can figure out how to
do that. KDE translation to Swedish appears to be pretty good, I
don't think they need any help.

-- Karolina