Re: kdelibs-dev uninstallable ... docbook-utils

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 07:34:04AM +0200, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> On Fridayen den 27 April 2001 11:50, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
>

> > hmm...kdb2html works great for me if I have docbook-utils
> > installed... however nothing directly uses it so it's not even
> > important right now.
> >
> > All of the 2.2 stuff is straight forward docbook.  kdb2html is
> > no longer needed.
>
> kdb2html is still referenced in the kdelibs/debian/rules file in
> the CVS from 2001-04-26, and kdb2html appears to still use jw.
> This might not mean anything, but I still keep jw around, just in
> case...

yes...for the kdoc stuff only and it's not required by KDE...it's just
something that was requested by some Debian users.

> I tried the jw from various versions of docbook-utils, since I
> could not find any debian version when I was doing this, but none
> worked. But the old kdb2html, which didn't use jw worked, so thus
> I made my script based on that.

I grabbed the docbook-utils debian package from the link posted on this list
several weeks ago and it worked with no problem.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II