Re: artsd trouble

On Thursday 19 April 2001 10:32, Ax wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm using deb/sid with Xfree86 4.0.3, and new kde (4:2.2-alpha1-1), but
> this problem is older... when I login to KDM, a session starts.  During the
> splashscreen computer freezes for a few seconds, then artsd pops up window
> saying that's overloading CPU too much and dies. But if I start artsd before
> I log into kdm, there's no freeze and artsd uses some 1-2% of cpu time. If I
> restart it from control panel, it uses all available CPU, and then dies with
> exactly same error message. Does anybody know how to avoid this behaviour?
Hi,

Are you using the same command line options?   Here artsd uses:

		-F 10 -S 4096

AFAIK the realtime priority is now on by default.  Just to make sure,
from a Konsole window:

	artsd       ... same options as used by login script ...
and
	artswrapper ... "    "       "   "   "  "     "      ...

don't have the problem.

Btw. what soundcard?  Do you use ALSA or OSS?  What does artsd write to
~/.xsession-errors when it does not work during login?

Achim