Re: new AA package

> I just installed task-anti-aliasing on my Progeny system and everything
> installed without a hitch. The desktop 'seems' to look better, but being
> relatively new to Linux, newer to KDE and knowing nothing about
> anti-aliasing, how can I check that my system is really using A-A?

For the record:

installing task-anti-aliasing does not mean you have a anti-aliased desktop
after installing it. :)

 "A metapackage containing dependencies for packages which are required or
 recommended for a Anti-Aliased environment.

 This package also contains example configuration files and howto's to aid
 in configuration of your AA environment."

> The A-A checkbox in the control center is checked, during the apt-get install
> task-anti-aliasing everything seemed to install and configure properly, and I
> get no errors when my system boots and sets up the fonts. Is there somewhere
> I can look to be sure it is enabled? I had a quick check through my mails,
> but didn't see exact instructions on how to verify everything is working
> happily. I'm just a bit worried because Progeny is x4 based, but everything
> seems to be working fine?

You can check "env" and look for QT_XFT...if it's =1 then AA is on.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II