Re: new 2.2 packages avail

On Saturday 14 April 2001 12:55, Doug Byfield wrote:
> On Saturday 14 April 2001 01:36, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > Ok...just got done uploading the latest -pretty-much-alpha1-packages-
> >
> >   deb http://people.debian.org/%7Erkrusty/ kde2.2/$(ARCH)/
> >   deb http://pandora.debian.org/%7Erkrusty/ kde2.2/$(ARCH)/
>
> I'm a bit concerned about the fact that 55 packages are not upgraded
> and nothing seems to have been done. I checked in var/cache/apt, and
> it's clean(no .deb files sitting in there. Pls see below. Am I missing
> something? Do I just need more coffee input? :-)

Take any one of those and do a apt-get install packagename.  That will bring
up apt and it will go out and either install whatever it is you are missing
that all those packages depend upon, or tell you what it is that is broken.
Though I might be mistaken, and apt-get dist-upgrade will do that same thing.

HTH,

D.A.Bishop