Re: Fixed it, here's a patch =) (Re: bug #93006 kicker's Child Panel forgets its settings)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 02:32:38PM +0100, Chris Boyle wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 April 2001  9:37 pm, Jens Benecke wrote:
> > I filed a KDE bug about this long ago. (well, march 28 ;)
> > http://bugs.kde.org/db/23/23234.html
> This bug was annoying me as I have a child panel at the top of the screen
> with the taskbar in it in KDE 1 style (I don't like the way "external
> taskbar" adjusts the widths of the task buttons), and a news ticker in
> the space at the bottom...

I've got a list of quickbrowser menus at the top so I can quickly browse
and open e.g. /pub/ftp, $HOME/projects/$current_project, etc. And there's a
dict client and the newsticker.

> This (small) patch to
> kicker/extensions/childpanel/childpanelextension.cpp seems to fix it. It
> appears that in the ChildPanelExtension constructor,

Great! Ivan, could you please put it in the next debian package compile
cycle - on my machine building KDE always takes >20 hours =:))

--
Jens Benecke                   "Und deshalb sollte man ja auch immer _alle_
                                 Editoren installieren:  XEmacs _und_ Vim."