Re: call for help with man pages

> I started to do something with this a couple of months ago. Basically I
> used help2man, slightly modified as it wants --help but the kde binaries
> respond to -help...
>
> Hmm... maybe one? common manpage for each upstream source package, ie
> kdelibs, kdebase, kdegraphics, list the binaries provided by the source
> package and point to /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/$pkg?
>
> Then use 100's of symlinks? Or do you think more fine-grained detail?

I'm thinking at least 1 common man page per binary package.  For example..
if you just create one common kdebase man page..and just install konqueror
you don't get the man page...

plus I also think that some binaries should have their own man page...
and other's will definatly need common man pages

   kfmclient,konqueror,khelpcenter - all should have a common man page IMO
   dcopserver, dcopidl,dcopidl2cpp,dcop - common probably
   kbuildsycoca, cupsdconf, kdb2html - seperate man pages
   kdeinit,kdeinit_wrapper,kdeinit_shell,kdeinit_shutdown - common
   kcmnit, kdesu - seperate
   *.kss - common

there are some examples of what I'm wanting...

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II