Font problems solved -> bug in configuration files

Hi,

I've finally got rid of my font problems, which seemed to arise from
badly written configuration files. Noticing that one of my apps worked
fine (kedit), I wandered through my ~/.kde/share/config/keditrc, and
found the catch. In that file, the font was defined as:

lucidatypewriter,12,5,0,50,0

while in all other files, the same font were described as:

lucidatypewriter,12,5,15,50,0

Notice the `15' instead of the `0'? Yes, it was the source of all my
problems: seems a font defined with that `15' setting cannot be
displayed right. Replacing it in the other files (especially
kdeglobals) made all my applications behave the good way
instantaneously. Still, as this is not the standard X way to define a
font, I don't know what that 15 meant. Is it a foundry setting, a width
setting, an encoding setting? More important: does the fonts get
defined this way only in Debian? If that is the case, the Debian
packages should take care of defining them correctly; otherwise, It
would require to file a bug report to the upstream maintainers (well,
OK, it could be a problem specific to my installation, but I just did
an `apt-get install task-kde' so this is very unlikely).

Anyway I'm more than happy at the moment. Thanks for the help, too!

JB/WSA/JC
--
 > Il [e2fsck] a bien démarré, mais il m'a rendu la main aussitot en me
 > disant "houlala, c'est pas beau à voir votre truc, je préfèrerai que
 > vous teniez vous même la tronçonneuse" (traduction libre)
 NC in Guide du linuxien pervers : "Bien configurer sa tronçonneuse."