KDE2 from CD-ROM

I'm a long time Linux user but completely new to Debian.
I got a CD containing the deb packages for KDE 2.0. They are in a
directory named KDE2, distributed in subdirectories like x11, libs, ...
I wrote the command apt-cdrom and the packaging system recognized the
CD.
In fact, when I ran dselect, it showed me the new packages.
But after having selected the task-kde package and having chosen the
[I]nstall command from the menu, only some little packages and libraries
were installed, not the real stuff, like konqueror.
The strange thing is that dselect marked a lot of KDE packages for
installattion (and continues to keep them marked) but when it comes to
install, it says that no packages have to  be installed.
What I did wrong?
I know this is not a new question but I tried all the solutions proposed
in this list without success.

Thanks

Enrico Piria