Re: Konqueror and Secure pages

OpenSSL is in the Crypto directories on the Debian KDE site and its mirrors.
Assuming that you have "crypto" in your apt sources line for KDE then it
should be available and just do "apt-get install openssl".

I think Ivan provides this with the KDE packages as you need the exact
version that KDE was compiled against.

If secure sockets are still not working for you then it may be that you are
using the WWWOFFLE cache program. Try adding the names of secure sites that
you use to the No Proxy line in the Proxies configuration dialog in Konq.
This is a workaround, not the long-term solution. I'm still looking for that.