Re: Yet Another Font Problem...

In litteris <[🔎] 20010406193611.D11686@lcisp.com>, Gordon Sadler <gbsadler1@lcisp.com> scripsit:
> qt-fonts-HOWTO.html
> XftConfig.example

OK, I've read these ones. Maybe I'm mistaken here, but the
qt-fonts-HOWTO seemed to me to be a guide to anti-aliasing with QT/KDE.
Which isn't at all what I want; not that AA isn't a nifty feature, but
my X server lacks the "Render" extension, which seems mandatory from
what I read. Nevertheless, I gave it a try, modified the XftConfig to
acknowledge the fonts from the msttcorefonts package, set the QT_XFT
variable to 1, turned on AA in the Control Center, and... nothing
happened, as I thought. I'm still stuck with helvetica. Now, having
spent my night de-installing and re-installing KDE, I think I'll go to
sleep a bit...

> The important thing to remember, font servers play 0 role in this, it is
> all controlled by /etc/X11/XftConfig and ~/.xftconfig, as far as AA
> fonts go.

Yes, but I never talked of _AA fonts_, I talked about _fonts_. I don't
want AA, since I can't have AA, I just want KDE to be able to display
my non anti-aliased fonts. And XftConfig seems totally extraneous to
this problem (well, maybe I'm making a mistake here, but I haven't even
be able to find a paper explaining the syntax of that file, so if I've
missed something, I would be happy to know about that).

Well, hope I got the question right this time. Sorry if there are
misunderstandings, I know my English is fairly bad :(

Thank you for your answers, I'm dying to see that darn KDE work!

JB/WSA/JC
--
 «Ca te derange ??? Je fait ce que je veut si ca te plait pas tu vas
 ailleurs gros c,, Mis a part ca si quelqun voulait bien me repondre