Re: [Re: KDE install on potato - still helpless newbie]

Well, I tried the apt-get install kdebase3 kdebase-libs version of your
suggestion: I got the same message at the end: broken packages...

Unfortunately I did not have time yet to get into dselect and try your second
advice, unfortunately I am away for two weeks, but after I am back I probably
will have new questions. I want to figure out this, I need KDE.

I just do not understand that I saw a couple of reviews about KDE2.1 install,
on potato. They just do apt-get install task-kde kdebase, and everything is
*happening*. My system is not tuned in any way, fresh potato install, so why I
get into all this dependencies (no matter what I put in my sources.list)? Or
everybody in this list already had these libraries installed? Or they also
tackled with this problem? The one thing I am trying to see is automatically
solving dependencies, that is why I was not satisfied with rpm and redhat.

As I said I did not give up on it, I still think that this is a lack of
knowing DEbian on my part.

Regards:  Viktor (the helpless newbie)