Re: proxy auth

"Ivan E. Moore II" a écrit :

> > > what version are you running.  2.1.1 did not fix the problem..it wasn't
> > > *supposidly* fixed until the other day.
> > >
> > >     kdelibs (4:2.1.1-3)
> > >     kdebase (4:2.1.1-3)
> > >
> > > Ivan
> >
> > Ack, sorry about that.  I had no right to snap at you that way.  My apologies.
> > However, since my program just crashed, I took the opportunity to log out
> > and back on again with the same result.  Here's a quick grep of what's on my
> > system.
> >
> > ii  kdelibs3       2.1.1-3        KDE core libraries (runtime files)
> > ii  kdebase        2.1.1-3        KDE core applications
> > ii  kdebase-libs   2.1.1-3        KDE libraries amd modules for kdebase
>
> hmmm...well unless someone else can vouch for it working I guess they didn't fix
> it.  I don't have a proxy with authentication setup to test this.

Hi,

I currently use KDE-2.1.1 and a proxy with authentication, and :
 - if I just enable proxy auth and specify and HTTP/FTP server/port, authentication
fails !!
But :
 - if I put "user:password@proxy.domainname" in the server name entry,
authentication is OK and transparent ;-))
But :
 - if I come back to this option configure dialog, "user:password@" has disappeared
in front of the server name and if I say OK in the dialog box, authentication don't
work anymore :-((

Hope this will help while waiting for a complete proxy authentication support in
Konqueror...

Thierry
   http://gpc.sourceforge.net

begin:vcard
n:FLORAC;Thierry
tel;fax:01 40 19 59 85
tel;work:01 40 19 59 64
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Office National des Forêts;Département Informatique (DGA-I)
adr:;;;PARIS;;;France
version:2.1
email;internet:Thierry.Florac@onf.fr
fn:Thierry FLORAC