Re: Great Work!

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 01:13:22PM -0400, Bart Szyszka wrote:

> > I wasn't exactly refering to its startup time (I'm not concerned if a
> > given software that I use takes 18 or 22 seconds to fire up).
> Startup time is very important if you're like me where you always have at
> least 5 browser Windows open and constantly opening/ closing them. It can
> really slow you down if you have to wait for the browser to come up each
> time you want a new window.  In Windows, MSIE comes up in 2-3 seconds and
> Opera in 4-5.

Well, all I can say that on my 64MB machine Konqueror takes 1-2 seconds,
perhaps 4-5 the very first time after booting. I prefer a program that does
not hog memory all the time, and gets out of my way (RAM) when not used to
something like IE (which loads 80% of itself during boot, and uses up about
20MB of RAM *the* *whole* *fscking* *time*) any time.

--
" ...screams erupted at a Seattle hotel where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference. (...)"