Help! kdm doesn't log me in any more

Hi,

I did an apt-get upgrade (woody, and KDE potato packages from kde.tdyc.com)
yesterday and today I updated some X settings and therefore restarted X.

Since then, kdm just restarts when I log in successfully. Nothing more
happens.

when I do "startx kde2" I get an error message about xterm not
understanding the parameter "kde2". When I do "startx /usr/bin/kde2" KDE
starts up successfully, but I'd like to use kdm.

What's wrong? This has to be something in one of the last upgrades from X
or KDE.

--
" ...screams erupted at a Seattle hotel where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference. (...)"