Re: on upgrading to testing

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:31:25PM -0500, James D. Freels wrote:
> The main reason I am considering going with the unstable version is to
> get the AA fonts in KDE 2.1.  I did a "apt-get -d install kde-base"
> after enabling the unstable tree and hitting an "apt-get update".
> What I found was most of the development packages as I expected like
> libc, gcc, etc.  However, there also was the perl packages which have
> been reported as very buggy.  I can't deal with that.  What is the
> status of these packages now.

Perl, at least with daily updates on sid/unstable, is at 5.6.0-21, and
AFAIK, it's as stable as you can ask for.  You might have to reinstall
any non-standard modules depending on where you start your upgrade
from, but with cpan this is easy as pie.

--
Dr. Michael K. Neylon :: mneylon@wtower.com :: http://pinky.wtower.com/mneylon
//  "Pinky, you've left the lens cap of your mind on again." The Brain