Re: kmail problems

On Thursday 15 March 2001 10:23, Ivan E. Moore II wrote something to this
effect:
> Ok folks,
>
>     I need help here.  Several of you have reported problems with
> attachements in kmail.  There is a bug report in the Debian BTS (#89675)
> and aparantly on in the KDE BTS (#22429) now.  The symptoms seem to be that
> items listed as attachments come up as "part://2" or similar.
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  So it's got to be something in the way these
> folks are doing things...either in what packages are installed (or not
> installed) or a bug that just hasn't said hi to me yet as I normally do not
> use kmail.
>
> so...help me figure out what's not right. :)
>
> Ivan

	Not A Problem! :--)

Intel PII 450
192 megs PC100
6x Western Digital hd's
VooDoo3 3000
Promise ATA66 controller
FreeTech P6F91i-V
2.2.17 (modified for Win4Linx and Promise controller)
SID

Dir=~ pts/1$ cat .xsession
#startxfce
blackbox
#kde2

Dir=~ pts/1$ cat /etc/debian_version
testing/unstable

Dir=~ pts/1$ dg kmail
ii  kmail          2.1.0-1        Mail Client based on QT and KDE

Dir=~ pts/1$ dg blackbox
ii  blackbox       0.61.1-1       Window manager for X

	When I am within KMail while in BB, I can't do much with my attachments at
all. Only the two options I told you of in an earlier E-mail. After starting
KDE (from BB) and restarting KMail, I can manipulate all the attachments, as
'normal'.

	What more would you like to know, Ivan? I'll get you all the info you might
need/want.

Regards.......

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-